“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.”
Tim is a hard-working advocate who believes in the credo of preparation and hard work. Indeed, he takes pride in his work ethic and zealously advocates for his clients. Tim has lived by those words his whole life: from his baseball career to his law practice.
In less than four years, Tim has earned more than ten (10) jury verdicts in Jefferson County, Harris County, Tarrant County, Travis County, and Van Zandt County. In doing so, he met the eligibility requirements one year early for Board Certification in Personal Injury Trial Law from the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Dedicated & Passionate Representation for the Injured in Southeast Texas
Tim also has settled more than two hundred (200) cases, totaling more than $10,000,000. Below are some recent results:
- Trucking Case – $4,000,000.00 settlement against a trucking company following a motor vehicle collision. com recognized this settlement as a Top 10 Reported Settlement in All Practice Areas in The State of Texas.
- Premises Liability – Seven-figure settlement against a Beaumont treatment facility following a fall down a staircase. The lawsuit alleged the staircase posed an unreasonably dangerous conditions to the plaintiff, which caused serious injuries.
- Maritime Law – Seven-figure settlement against a vessel company for onshore property damage, personal injury, and wrongful death from chemical exposure after a tanker vessel collided with a bulker in the Houston Ship Channel. Tim Ferguson and Mark Sparks litigated this case and settled it after weeks of trial, including a week-long trial on limitation of liability in federal court.
- Education Law – Represented more than 200 students in a lawsuit against their former for-profit school alleging breach of contract, misrepresentations, and fraud. These students are from Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Colorado, California, and Florida.
Tim is a Beaumont native, who cares deeply about the Southeast Texas community. He attended and graduated from West Brook High School, then attended the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss) on a baseball scholarship. Following his junior year, the Kansas City Royals selected Tim in the tenth round of the Major League Baseball draft. After several years in the Royals’ system, Tim shifted immediately to his legal career and attended the University of Houston Law Center (UHLC). There, Tim was a member of the UHLC mock trial competition team, competed in several arbitration competitions, and participated in more than five litigation courses. He also was the president of the Sports and Entertainment Law Organization and a Board member for the Public Interest Law Organization. While in school, Tim worked as a law clerk for two nationally recognized plaintiff law firms. He also spent time giving baseball lessons to young baseball players. He graduated from UHLC in 2017.
Tim returned to his hometown of Beaumont to practice law. He was sworn in as a new attorney on November 2, 2017, by his grandfather, the Hon. Paul F. Ferguson, Sr., a retired state district judge. He is licensed to practice law in these courts:
- United States District Court Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court Southern District of Texas
The University of Mississippi (2014)
University of Houston Law Center, J.D. (2017)
Tim spends most of his free time with his wife, Brittney Ferguson, and son, Timothy Ferguson, Jr. Brittney and Tim met while attending the University of Mississippi. Brittney graduated with a degree from Ole Miss in Business Marketing and a minor in Real Estate. She owns and operates her own business. Both Brittney and Tim enjoy traveling back to their alma mater for both baseball and football games. Tim also enjoys listening to live music, working out, and watching the Texans, Rockets, and Astros.
Mr. Ferguson is a member of the following professional organizations:
• State Bar of Texas;
• Jefferson County Bar Association
• Jefferson County Young Lawyers Association – Second Term Board Member;
• American Inns of Court;
• National Trial Lawyers, Top “40 Under 40” Trial Lawyer
• Chaired the Regional Mock Trial Competition
• Winner of 2019 Junior League’s Charity Event, “Dancing with the Stars of Southeast Texas”